Vanden Plas is synonym with excellent progressive metal made in Germany. When they released their brilliant debut album “Colour Temple” back in 1994, they set the bar very high and have been able to out-do themselves over and over ever since …
One and a half year has passed since their last album “Chronicles of the Immortals: Netherworld (Path 1)” was released and now they have the second part ready for us. And once more, they are able to top their latest album, without sacrificing their trademark sound.
They continue to combine gentle and warm sounding melodic melodies pieces with epic instrumental parts, hard and heavy parts and big theatrical parts. The combination has worked for years, but only because they have one of the absolute best progressive metal vocalists amongst them: Andy Kuntz. Once more he showcases his strengths and power and elevates the songs to a higher level.
One of the best progressive metal albums I’ve come across this year. Vanden Plas proves beyond doubt that they are amongst the best in the game, and I am sure this album will end up on many best of 2015 lists.
- VISION 11even * In My Universe
- VISION 12elve * Godmaker’s Temptation
- VISION 13teen * Stone Roses Edge
- VISION 14teen * Blood of Eden (* All Love Must Die) (* The Rite)(* This is the Night)
- VISION 15teen * Monster
- VISION 16teen * Diabolica Comedia
- VISION 17teen * Where Have the Children Gone
- VISION 18teen * The Last Fight
- VISION 19teen * Circle of the Devil
Playing time: 68:00
Release date: November 6, 2015
Label: Frontiers Records